Friday, February 13, 2009

Judgement



Do you ever just sit and think about the word... judgement..? How are you being judged? Who are you being judged by? To what degree would you go to affect how someone judges you? Do you judge others?

All of these things have been passing through my mind. I know that there are so many people out there who are looking at me and judging me for my physical appearance or for the decisions that I make in my life. The bible tells us in Matthew 7:1-2 "Do not judge, or you too will be judged. For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged, and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you." My question for you is, who do you think that the bible is referring to when it says "For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged." Who is going to judge you for judging others? Are other people going to judge you worse because you judged them? In our sin driven world, that might be the case. As a Christian, I have ONE and only ONE JUDGE whose opinion matters to me!

"In the presence of God and of Christ Jesus, who will judge the living and the dead..." 2 Timothy 4:1

When we judge others, God judges us! We are NO ONE to judge how someone else lives their lives or judge someone by their appearance. They will be judged by God, so why do we need to judge them too? Do we not trust God's judgement? Just remember...all of us are going to be judged...by the ONE AND ONLY! Who are you going to judge?

1 comment:

  1. I, in my flesh, struggle with judging....but, I keep reflecting on "The Shack" & the judgment chapter.......makes me rethink......I think I hardest on judging me. That too is WRONG!!

    I love you

    ReplyDelete