Monday, January 26, 2009

Doctors Orders....

WHEW..Where to start! I had a long day today! I went to my Endocrinologist in Springfield to find out where I stand right now with my health! Here is what I have found out...

I am going to be placed on Vitamin D 2 times a week for 10 weeks to try to increase my Vitamin D levels.

We already knew that my Magnesium was low, but it is not going up as they want it to, so the dose of that has been doubled. We found out that the Magnesium defeciency may have been something that I had before my thyroid surgery was done. I may have to be on Magnesium of some sort for the rest of my life!

Another issue that we are getting ruled out is Diabetes. When I was pregnant, I had gestational diabetes. While on the high doeses of steroids this past year, I ended up with Steroid Induced diabetes. So, my chances of diabetes coming back and not going away is pretty good. Although, right now my numbers are pretty good. My pancreas is "sluggish" but it is working!

I learned that the pain and weakness in my legs is probably something that I am going to have for the rest of my life. My body has been so broken an damaged because of the steroids that there is no telling how much damage was really done! I can't push myself or I will end up in a worse of position than what I am in now!

They are also pretty positive that physically, if I were to attempt to have another child, I would not make it. Therefore, we are so unbelivably blessed to even have the little sweetie that we already have! I have lost of problems with headaches and cramps and things like that. The doctor actually told me that she knows of many women who get hysterectomys soon after all that I have been on and been through to eliminate some pain.

What hit me the hardest when I was talking to the doctor was this.....She said that even though there are so many effects from the steroids (which can be adapted and helped), that is what kept me alive! WOW! Without this pill she thought that I would be gone. I have to disagree...God was not finished with me, and that is why I am still here. I am still kind-of weary on what that purpose is, but I am learning more and more all the time that weather I am reading to my daughter or helping a friend in need, God is working through me for His will! What an honor that is! I have had many speedbumps along the road of my life so far, but I am not afraid. I have the Lord on my side and in my life. (physically and mentally) WHEW!!! How AWAMZING!!! I could write all day about what I have gone through in the past 24 years. I look at those things as lessons that God has taught me and I am going to use them to the fullest! Everything happens for a reason!

2 comments:

  1. As we go about this life, we may NEVER know what God's plan is.....we just need to continually pray and obey! Keep our eyes, ears, hearts & minds open to ALL He brings to us.

    Stay on your path.....you are going in the right direction. He is lighting the way!!

    I love you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for allowing others to learn from the past hardtimes in your life, that is part of Him working thru you, so keep on sharing, you are amazing,,,,love ya Tam

    ReplyDelete